The LCD and touch-sensor skin is a module that fits right onto the pyboard. It provides a 128x32 pixel, monochrome graphical LCD display, as well as a capacitive touch sensor with 12 channels.
The screen has 128x32 pixels, is monochrome, and has a white backlight that can be turned on and off in software. The touch sensor is the MPR121 12-channel capacitive touch sensor, and there are 4 touch pads on the module (labelled A, B, X and Y), as well as soldering pads bringing out all 12 channels. You can use these soldering pads to connect up to your own touch sensors. The MPR121 is an I2C device.
Note that the LCD screen is not a touch screen.
This module requires some assembly. It comes with male headers (as pictured) and they need to be soldered to the module. See here for a video tutorial on soldering the headers.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.