This audio module fits right on the pyboard and allows you to record and play short sounds, as well as play generated waveforms. It uses the DAC (for output) and ADC (for input) on the pyboard, and has a pre-amp on the microphone and small power amplifier on the speaker.
The output volume is controlled by a digital potentiometer, and it can be easily set in software. The digital potentiometer is an I2C device (a MCP4541).
This module requires some assembly. The speaker, microphone and male header pins are supplied with the module as loose components (see picture) and need soldering onto the PCB of the module. See here for a video tutorial on soldering the components.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.